DECODING THE IVY LEAGUE ADMISSION PROCEDURE
1. Keep your grades straight A*s.
2. Socially useful productive work should form a formal hourly activity through high school / university.
3. Projects with innovative ideas should be submitted.
4. Leading/ Captain ship of a sport team in school / university playing state level with accolades
5. Have a blog about what interests you and where you have knowledge to share.
6. Most importantly be a great human being and humble Have an excellent rapport with your teachers so you can get outstanding recommendations.
7. Start working on your essay early and get it reviewed from a couple of seniors.
8. Give your SAT / GRE / GMAT early on so you have a chance to repeat if required. Aim for full a core.
9. Being disadvantaged, if u are, from any angle, should be highlighted in your application as the Ivy League Universities are looking for diversity in their classes.They want students who have made it, despite all odds!
10. Internships / Work experience.
11. Awards & Recognition.
1. Being genuine. Where the student was able to talk about his/her shortcomings and how they got over them.
2. Write the first draft without reference to other essays
available on the net.
3. The student’s essay should not a replica of his / her cv.
4. The essay should be an interesting read and not boring! The essay definitely highlighted the achievements and the journey but with personal antidotes!
5. Remember the essay is the deciding factor between 2 academically similar applications !
6. The student should be able to demonstrate that he/she is the best fit to the university and how well they will use the university resources.
7. The essay is used as an opportunity to explain any challenges/ disadvantages the student faced and how they triumphed!!!
1. A single Letter of recommendation can change the outlook of the whole application!
2.A 3rd person angle.
3.An honest evaluation.
4.Not only praise.
5.Who is an ideal recommender.
1. Develop a rapport with your interviewer. This is really important as it puts both the parties at ease!
2. The questions that you are likely to be asked are to know you more as a person.They already have your academics and cv so they don’t need to know about your achievements. For eg Probably they want to know how you overcame the challenges in you life.
3. You have have your queries ready as they would not expect you to pass on the opportunity to have your doubts cleared that you could not from the website. So ponder over what else you would like to know about the university.
4. Remember always that though you donot need to dress in a suit and tie, you definitely need to be neatly dressed and be presentable. Coming in late or shabbily dressed is not taken lightly.
5. Most important, just enjoy the interview and be Yourself. Genuineness and humility are highly desirable traits.
There is no secret ingredients
- PLAN WELL IN ADVANCE i.e. FROM HIGH SCHOOL ON WARDS.
- FIRST CROSS THE FILTERS i.e. GRADES/SCORES/TOEFL/SAT/ACT etc.
- WHAT SETS YOU APART
- THE LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST- HOW WILL YOU ADD TO THE DIVERSITY OF THE CLASSROOM!
- ARE YOU THE BEST FIT FOR THE UNIVERSITY AND VISA VERSA!