Admissions Open for 2018-2019
Register Now

Amongst the top ranking colleges world-wide, majority of them are in USA. These colleges and universities rank high in world rankings because of their infrastructure, technological advancement and top quality of education provided by them.

The Best Education That There Is

The United States has more institutions of higher learning than any other country in the world. Importantly, the academic bodies provide absolute quality education. Study programs are tuned to the current scenario at all times.

Quality of research is excellent and the facilities available to bring your research to the market are exceptional. The research at many of these universities is cutting-edge and often published in journals worldwide.

USA has always been a hub of inventions and Universities play a significant role in the change process.

The list of world-class learning institutions in the USA is endless and include, but are not limited to: Stanford University, Harvard, Yale, Cornell, California Institute of Technology, UC Berkeley, University of Pennsylvania, MIT, John Hopkins, Northwestern University, etc. (although many of us would love studying here if we get a chance!)

Quality of Education

USA has to offer any course that you can even think of. From studying the MBAs to a top engineering course or if you wish to study retail management, human resource, banking, finance, investment, securities, that is possible. Or electronics, telecommunication, nanotech, communication, information systems, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, embedded systems, VLSI, digital marketing or more, that is possible. Or it could be art and design (pure and industrial) like fashion Design, Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Web Design, Multimedia Design, Textile Design, Automobile / Automotive Design, Aerospace Design and more, that is possible.

For engineering students, US can offer just about anything: General, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Electronics and Electrical, Communication, Automotive, Sustainable, Environmental, Genetic, Nanoengineering, Software, IT, Computer, Chemical, Oil and Gas, Ocean, Water and even Engineering Management. Health, health promotion, physiotherapy (incl. MPT), nutrition, medicine, dentistry, imaging, psychology and more are available in Health and allied fields.

Well, we mean that just about anything that you wish to study in USA is possible at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Simply, let us know about your course and we will identify the best options available matching your profile. With more than 4000 institutions offering Undergraduates, Postgraduates, Masters (incl. MBA) and Doctorate degrees you have a wide selection of colleges

Financial Assistance

The education definitely falls in the category of value for your money. USA education is the best investment for the future. A wide spectrum of tuition fees, accommodation options & financial help from the institutions in the form of scholarships, fee waivers, aid etc makes USA education affordable.

Education System In The U.S.A.

Higher education, also referred to as post-secondary education, third stage, third level, or tertiary education occurs most commonly at one of the 4,599 title IV degree-granting institutions, either colleges or universities in the country. These may be public universities, private universities, liberal arts colleges, or community colleges. High visibility issues include greater use of the Internet, such as massive open online courses, competency-based education, cutbacks in state spending, rapidly rising tuition and increasing student loans.

Strong research and funding have helped make United States colleges and universities among the world's most prestigious, making them particularly attractive to international students, professors and researchers in the pursuit of academic excellence. More than 30 of the highest-ranked 45 institutions are in the US as measured by awards and research output.

Public Universities

State-affiliated institutions financially supported by public taxes, usually large in size. All levels of degrees with different fields of study are offered. Public colleges and universities are relatively easy on the pocket for residents of a state where the schools are located. Foreign students pay "out-of-state" tuition, which is higher. There are many notable public universities across the country just a few examples: Pennsylvania State University, Ohio State University, University of California, Kansas State University, University of Texas , California State University.

Private Universities

Private Institutions run without the control of the Government entity. Tuition fees of these institutions are higher but the international as well the domestic students pay the same amount of fees. The notable private institutions are Long Island University, George Washington University, New York University, Carnegie Mellon University.

Technical Institutes

These are schools emphasizing principally on engineering and science they are known for their research and graduate programs. Most International students who attend these schools are of graduate level. Undergraduates admitted to these schools usually have incredibly strong backgrounds in math and sciences, as witnessed by grades and standardized test scores (e.g. SAT or GRE). M.I.T. (the Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cal Poly (California Polytechnic Institute), Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology), NYIT New York Institute of Technology) and W.P.I. (Worcester Polytechnic Institute) are a few of the noted schools.

The Ivy League

The alarm bells ring when you hear about names like: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Dartmouth, Cornell, Columbia, and the University of Pennsylvania. These are the IVY LEAGUES and admissions here could be a daunting task besides extremely heavy on pockets. They are in the Northeastern part of the USA. Ivy League colleges stress undergraduate liberal arts education, but they also have noted graduate and professional schools.

Small Liberal Arts Colleges

Generally have the focus on undergraduate study of the traditional arts and science disciplines: humanities, sciences, and social sciences. Strictly liberal arts colleges are often quite old and mostly private schools. They are highly-rated institutions as they stress on small classes, individual attention to the students, and closer relationships between the faculties and students. Many of them also generally have rigid admission standards. Among these schools are: Amherst, Marist, Swarthmore, Manhattan, Smith, Mount Holyoke

Community Colleges

These are institutions normally run by a certain community for their own people. Many high school graduates who cannot afford to go to a university, or who simply are not ready for a four-year institution, will choose to go to community college. These institutions accept international students, but they have a fewer number of attendees, as most students are commuters from the near-by area. Although community colleges focus on undergraduate programs, some offer good graduate programs as well. These institutions will be mostly located in suburbs, and the basic advantage in these institutions is minimum academic fees. More over known as County Colleges or City colleges. Community colleges provide higher education and lower level tertiary education, granting certificates, diplomas and Associates Degree

Types of Degrees in The U.S.A.

Higher education, also referred to as post-secondary education, third stage, third level, or tertiary education occurs most commonly at one of the 4,599 title IV degree-granting institutions, either colleges or universities in the country. These may be public universities, private universities, liberal arts colleges, or community colleges. High visibility issues include greater use of the Internet, such as massive open online courses, competency-based education, cutbacks in state spending, rapidly rising tuition and increasing student loans.

Strong research and funding have helped make United States colleges and universities among the world's most prestigious, making them particularly attractive to international students, professors and researchers in the pursuit of academic excellence.[3][better source needed] More than 30 of the highest-ranked 45 institutions are in the US as measured by awards and research output.

Associate Degree

In the USA, an associate degree is equivalent to the first two years of a four year college or university Bachelors degree. It is an academic degree awarded by the community colleges, junior colleges, business colleges and some bachelor's degree upon completion of a course of study usually for two years (60 credits). It is the lowest in hierarchy of post secondary academic degrees offered in USA

Bachelor's Degree

These are undergraduate degrees with duration of 4 years

  • Freshman: A first year undergraduate student is called as a "Freshman"
  • Sophomore: Sophomore is a term used in the United States to describe a student in the second year of study (generally referring to high school or university study)
  • Junior: A term used to describe a student in the third year
  • Senior: A term used to describe a student in the final year (generally fourth year)
  • Transfer: Students, who have completed a part of their undergraduate degree and want to go to the USA, can apply as a transfer student.
  • Students generally prefer to transfer after finishing their first two years of undergraduate studies (ie the associate degree). Admissions in to the third year of undergraduate studies is easier and widely acceptable by US Universities than in to the second or fourth year

Masters Degree

The duration of Masters' level courses may range from a year to two depending on the university and the area of specialization. In general, most Masters level courses in the USA are two years, which students can also finish in a little over 18 months, should they utilize their vacations studying additional credits early.

Usually, USA requires 16 years of education for Masters (especially MS). However, many MBA programs have started accepting students with 15 years education (like BA, BSc, BCom). Exams required to apply for Masters are GMAT for management related subjects; GRE for arts, science or any other subjects; TOEFL or IELTS test for admission

Doctorate Degree

Commonly known as PhD. Duration of the same may range from 3 years to 5 years. Students can take admission for a PhD only after completion of their Masters degree and in exceptional circumstances; some Universities may wish to take on students without a Masters. Students wishing to pursue PhD need to submit a research proposal as well have to appear for GRE or GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS exams for admissions

Grading System

The GPA system is followed throughout the United States to judge student's performance. It is graded on the scale of 0 to 4. Following is the evaluation of GPA (for reference)

  • >4 >A = High Achievement
  • >3 >B = Satisfactory
  • >2 >C = Minimum Passing
  • >1 >D = Fail

Application Process and Deadlines

Intake : US universities have 4 intakes in an Academic Year

  • Spring: January/February
  • Fall: August/September
  • Summer: April/May
  • Winter: December

Major intake is the Fall intake, but most of the universities are open for Spring and few of them for summer & winter intake too. However all subjects commence in Fall and only some in Winter and Summer intake. Some universities also have a Summer intake around July.

English Language Requirements : All students must have the required English language proficiency with regards to the course. TOEFL score of 90 or above for Postgraduate and 80 above for Undergraduate studies is a decent score. IELTS score of 6.0 or above for Undergraduate degrees and 6.5 or above for postgraduate degrees is required. Over 2500 institutions in USA recognize the IELTS exams including several top ranked institutions.

Entry Requirements + Eligibility :

  • Undergraduate: 10+2
  • Graduate: 16 years of education required (10+2+4)
  • Some institutions accept 15 years education into their Bridge/Masters Programs
  • Good & strong academic background
  • Good scores in entrance exams like SAT, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, IELTS etc
  • Strong recommendation letters
  • To the point Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement, essays & resumes
  • Certificates of achievement & extra-curricular activity participation
  • Strong financial background or good grades to get a scholarship

Documents : Covering Letter, Application Fees, Application Form, Statement of Purpose, Essays, Resume, Reco Letters, Transcripts, Mark Sheets & Certificates, Bank Statement, Affidavit of Financial Statements, Test Score Report.

UCAS Deadlines :

  • 15 October for medicine, dentistry and veterinary courses and all courses at the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
  • 15 January for all other courses except certain art and design courses that have a 24 March deadline.
  • 30 June is the final deadline for international students and after this all applications go into Clearing.

Postgraduate Applications : There is no single centralised system for postgraduate applications and students have to make applications individually to each institution.

Deadlines vary from course to course and institution to institution. Our counselling staff can help you with identifying these deadlines.

Education Cost in the US

The cost of education in USA varies from state to state, type of university and course of study. Universities in US are divided into two categories: Public/ State Institutions and Private Institutions. Depending upon in which university you are studying at, average tuition fees or cost ranges from $15000 to $30000 approximately per year for private universities, $10000 to $20000 approximately per year for public universities and $8000 to $12000 approximately per year for community colleges. Hence, the average cost of studying in US varies from USD5,000 to USD50,000 approximately per year depending upon the course. The cost of education in US is high for MBA and Medicine courses in comparison to Engineering courses.

Cost of Living: The cost of living in US also depends upon types of accommodation you choose and your daily expenses. You can opt for Dormitories, Campus Apartments, Off Campus accommodation and Homestay (living with a host family). You might end up paying $3500 to $6000 approximately per semester for Dormitories, USD400– USD700 approximately per month while living with a host family, $400 approximately per month for shared campus apartment, $800 approximately per month for single campus apartment and USD300 to USD600 approximately per month for a rented apartment. You should keep additional $1000 to $2000 approximately if you are planning to stay in dormitory as it might be closed during vacations. Apart from accommodation, your living expenses will also include cost of food, groceries, clothing, sundry and phone. The cost of living in US might vary from $10,000 to $12,000 approximately per year.

Health Insurance: Even as a student, you should take medical or health insurance as medical treatment is quite expensive in US. While studying in US, it is compulsory to have a comprehensive health insurance. The cost of medical insurance will be from $300 to $500 approximately per year.

Tests Required for Studying in the US

Most applicants for undergraduate study in the US will be required to sit a standardised admissions test. Standardised tests are one way in which US universities will assess your academic potential, in tandem with your academic results reported on your transcript. These tests serve as a common denominator to help US admission staff compare US students (who will not follow a national curriculum) and international students from different educational systems.

Admissions tests will be considered in determining both admissions and merit-based scholarships from the university. However, good scores are not sufficient to guarantee admission and are ideally paired with good marks.

  • GRE
  • GMAT
  • SAT

US Visa & Immigration

A student wishing to study in the US will require a non immigrant visa. A non immigrant visa is issued to someone who is looking for a short term stay in the US to accomplish specific purposes. You are required to have your Visa appointment Letter and CEAC barcode I-20, SEVIS fee to be paid (you can choose to pay on-line and the receipt is good enough to present at the visa interview).

Documents to be submitted:

  • Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students. You will need to submit a SEVIS generated Form, I-20, which was provided to by school.
  • Completed Application Form DS-156, DS- 157, DS -158, DSP- 2019 (IAP 166)
  • At certain U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad, nonimmigrant visa applicants are now required to apply for their visa using the new DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, instead of the nonimmigrant application forms DS-156, 157, 158, and other related forms.
  • Passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
  • One colored photograph 2 X 2 inches square for each applicant, showing a full face, without head covering, against a light background.
  • Original TOEFL scores and SAT/GRE/GMAT scores whichever is applicable.
  • Spouses and minor children accompanying the student to the United States should bring marriage certificates, wedding photos, and birth certificates with them to the interview, to prove the relationship between themselves and the principal applicant.

Employment in USA

Do not count on being able to scrape up the funding after you arrive in the US. Getting a job is not an effective means of financing an education in the US. There are many restrictions on employment by foreign nationals, and some types of visas prohibit it totally. Most international students are limited to on-campus employment

Even if you are able to find work, you will not be able to get a job that pays well enough to cover all your expenses. The typical on-campus job will pay no more than $1,000 to $2,000 during the school year, and a similar amount during the summer vacation.

If you are studying on an F-1 visa, you may not accept off-campus employment during the first year of study. You may, however, take an on-campus job to fund the bills. You are limited to 20 hours a week while school is in session, provided that you do not displace a US resident. (The test for displacement is whether the position is normally filled by students.) Full time employment is allowed during vacations if you will be returning to school at the end of the vacation period. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) permission is not required to accept on-campus employment, but you must first apply for a Social Security Number and complete a Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility). You may also need to get authorization from the foreign student advisor.

Graduate students who are participating in a cooperative education program are sometimes permitted to work for an off-campus employer who has an educational connection or research contract with the school. The employment must be required for the degree.

After the first year of study, a student on an F-1 visa may ask the INS for permission to accept off-campus employment. Permission is often granted if the student is experiencing severe economic hardship through no fault of their own, such as major currency fluctuations, loss of financial aid, loss or lack of availability of on-campus employment, unusual increases in tuition or living expenses, unexpected financial changes in the student’s source of support, and unexpected medical expenses. The student must be in good academic standing and enrolled as a full-time student, and the foreign student advisor must certify the student’s Form I-538 (Certification by Designated School Official). The student must submit Form I-765 (Application for Temporary Employment Authorization) and filing fee, together with the certified Form I-538 and the student copy of Form I-20, to the INS for work authorization.The employment authorization will be valid for one year.

Students on M-1 visas may not accept any form of employment, except for a temporary internship for practical training purposes.

Working while on a B-2 (Tourist) visa is reason for immediate deportation.

Spouses and dependents of students admitted to the US on M-1, F-1, and J-1 visas may apply for M-2, F-2, and J-2 visas, respectively, in order to accompany the student during their stay in the US. Spouses and dependents of M-1 and F-1 students are not allowed to accept employment or engage in business while in the US. Spouses and dependents of students admitted on a J-1 visa may seek permission to work as a J-2 visitor. Individuals on a M-2, F-2, or J-2 visa will study on a full time or part time basis, but may not receive financial aid.

After you graduate, you might wish to work temporarily in the US. To do so, you will need to obtain H-1B status. Your degree must be in the area of expertise required for the position. You must have an offer of employment from a US employer. The employer must file paperwork to petition for H-1B status for you.

Universities in the US

The sheer volume and variety of universities in the US means that you can be pretty confident of finding a suitable institution in your preferred surroundings. And if you don’t get it right the first time, moving between universities in the US is not uncommon.

Universities in the US

  • Academy Of Art
  • Arkansas State University
  • Ashland University
  • Auburn Institute of Montgomery
  • Barry University
  • Bellevue University
  • Bowling Green State University
  • Bradley University
  • California Baptist University
  • California Lutheran University
  • California State University Channel Islands
  • California State University Fresno
  • California State University East Bay
  • California State University - San Marcos
  • California State University Long Beach
  • California State University San Bernardino
  • City University of Seattle
  • Chatham University
  • Clark University
  • Cleveland State University
  • Colorado State University
  • Dallas Baptist University
  • Drury University
  • Eastern Connecticut State University
  • Embry-riddle Aeronautical University
  • Fairleigh Dickinson University
  • Florida Institute of Technology
  • Florida International University
  • Ferris State University
  • Full Sail University
  • Grand Valley State University
  • Gannon University
  • George Mason University
  • Golden Gate University
  • Grand Canyon University
  • Hamline University
  • Hawaii Pacific University
  • Henderson State University
  • Herzing University
  • Hult International Business School
  • Indiana Institute of Technology
  • James Madison University
  • Johnson and Wales University
  • Jacksonville University
  • Kansas Wesleyan University
  • Kent State University
  • Kettering University
  • Kutztown University
  • Lawrence Technological University
  • Letourneau University
  • Lewis University
  • Liberty University
  • Lincoln University
  • Long Island University - CW Post
  • Mansfield University
  • Marshall University
  • Manhattan Institute Of Management
  • Missouri University of Science and Technology
  • Montana State University
  • Monterey Institute of International Studies
  • Morehead State University
  • Murray State University
  • New England Culinary Institute
  • New York Film Academy
  • New York Institute of Technology
  • New York University
  • NYU Polytechnic
  • Northern Michigan University
  • North West Missouri State University
  • Northwestern Polytechnic University
  • Northwood University
  • Nova Southeastern University
  • Ohio University
  • Oklahoma City University
  • Old Dominion University
  • Oregon State University
  • Pace University
  • Pacific Lutheran University
  • Post University
  • Rider University
  • Robert Morris University
  • Roosevelt University
  • Rush University
  • St. Leo University
  • San Diego Flight Training International
  • San Francisco State University
  • Southeast Missouri State University
  • Southern Methodist University
  • Southern New Hampshire University
  • Southern Utah University
  • Sacred Heart University
  • St. John's University
  • St. Louis University
  • St. Thomas University
  • St. Mary University
  • The College of Saint Rose
  • Tennessee Technology University
  • Troy University
  • The Los Angeles Film School
  • The Los Angeles Recording School
  • The University of Advancing Technology
  • University of Bridgeport
  • University of Charleston
  • University of California - Riverside
  • University of Cincinnati
  • University of Detroit Mercy
  • University of Findlay
  • University Of Hartford
  • University of Idaho
  • University of La Verne
  • University of Mary Hardin Baylor
  • University of Michigan - Flint
  • University of New Hampshire
  • University of Missouri At St Louis
  • University of Massaachuetts, Boston
  • University of Massaachuetts, Darthmouth
  • University of Massaachuetts, Lowell
  • University of New Haven
  • University of South Florida
  • University of Texas - San Antonio
  • University Of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
  • University of Wisconsin - Superior
  • Upper Iowa University
  • Valparaiso University
  • Virginia International University
  • Western International University
  • Wichita State University
  • Widener University
  • Wilkes University
  • Western Kentucky University
  • Wright State University
  • Xavier University
  • Aviation Group
  • Bellevue College
  • Berkeley College
  • Bloomfield College
  • Colby Sawyer College
  • Centralia College
  • Coker College
  • Elms College
  • Florida Southern College
  • Foothill And Deanza College
  • Lasell College
  • Marist College
  • Menlo College
  • Metropolitian College of New York
  • Musician's Institute
  • Monroe College
  • National Aviation Academy
  • Ohlone College
  • Rocky Mountain College of Arts & Design
  • Saint Michael's College
  • Washington College
  • West New England College